This is Friday night and we plan to be on the road tomorrow morning Saturday 9-11.. We should have been on the road on 9-1 but we had a mirror problem on our motorhome. While our motorhome was parked at the repair facility, it was struck by a delivery truck causing extensive damage to the mirror on the driver's side. (See Photo) Between the delivery truck company responsible for the damage, the repair facility, Temecula RV to order the new mirror, Fleetwood RV Mfg who is to order the mirror and Velvac the mirror manufacturer, it was an impossible dream to get the mirror delivered in a timely fashion. So after a two or three week delay, I had the repair facility put the damaged mirror together with scotch tape and bubble gum and we are leaving with the mirror as is tomorrow.
The conclusion insofar as the mirror is concerned, I called Velvac directly and they will send the new mirror to my Brother Dick's home in TN and I'll put the new mirror on myself. Hopefully, the old mirror with hold till them. I should have had the mirror sent directly to me (overnight) two weeks ago and worry about getting my money back later.
We are looking forward to a great vacation and will keep you posted of our travels on this website. Please don't hesitate to send us a message via e-mail or give us a call at our home phone which is forwarded to our cell.
Ray/Jackie:
ReplyDeleteWe will look forward to a running diary of your vacation and national travels.
Take care, be safe and of course, have FUN!!
All our best,
-Jim and Marilyn
9-10-10
Bend, Oregon
Safe travels! Jeff and I want to be just like you two some day. ;)
ReplyDeleteHi RayJackie,
ReplyDeleteSafe travels & we will miss you at Lone Pine.
HarrySusan
Yosemite Park